One game was played last night:
Waynesboro 4, Harrisonburg 2: The Generals pulled into a tie for second place in the South with a 4-2 victory over the Harrisonburg Turks. Tied at one after seven, the Generals jumped ahead with a two-run eighth thanks to a two-run single by Matt Ruiz. After the Turks followed with a Mitchell Farris home run in the bottom of the eighth, TJ Clarkson gave the Gens an insurance run with a solo home run in the ninth. Both teams are 9-6.
Hitter of the Day
The General’s TJ Clarkson (Utah) wins this one, after going 2-5, with a double, home run, run scored, and RBI. Clarkson has hit very well this summer; he’s slashing .359/.480/.615 with four doubles, two home runs, and an 8/8 BB/K ratio. He was also HOD on June 14.
Others of Note
- Jalen Vasquez, Waynesboro: 2-4, two runs, walk, stolen base, triple
- Matt Ruiz, Waynesboro: 2-3, two RBIs, walk, two stolen base
- Mitchell Farris, Harrisonburg: 2-4, run, RBI, home run
Pitcher of the Day
Our POD is Waynesboro’s Daniel Batcher (FGCU), who fired six excellent innings. He allowed only three hits, one unearned run, three walks, and struck out five to earn a game score of 66. For the summer so far, he’s 1-0, 2.63, with 15 K’s in 13 2/3 innings pitched. He was POD on June 14, too!
Others of Note
- Andrew Williams, Harrisonburg: Six innings, five hits, one run, one walk, four K’s (GS: 61)
- Orlando Hernandez, Waynesboro: Three innings, two hits, one run, no walks, one K, win
- Front Royal (Fisher) at Winchester (Jenkins), 7 PM
- Purcellville (Quinichett) at Woodstock (Wilkinson), 7 PM
- Charlottesville (Wagner) at Waynesboro (Blackwell), 7 PM
- Covington (Guerrero) at Harrisonburg (Bufford), 7:30 PM